DAAD research grants
DAAD research grants provide foreign doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research or continue their education in Germany.
Who can apply?
Excellently-qualified doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diplom, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research, or those who have already completed a PhD.
What can be funded?
A research project or course of continuing education at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany, which is being carried out in coordination with an academic adviser in Germany.
Duration of the funding
- One month to a maximum of six months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of
euros 850.- for graduates,
euros 1,200.- for doctoral candidates and postdocs
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- A convincing and well-planned research project or course of continuing education
- Academic achievements
- Additional documents that prove academic suitability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the assessment.
For more information: https://www.daad.es/en/find-funding/scholarship-database/?type=a&origin=41&subjectgroup=0&q=Forschungsstipendien+-+Kurzstipendien&status=0&page=0&onlydaad=0&language=de&id=0&pg=1&detail_to_show=50015434