Capes-Humboldt Research Fellowship
The Capes-Humboldt Research Fellowship Programme is a joint fellowship programme of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the Brazilian research funding organisation Capes (Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior).
The programme is addressed exclusively to researchers from Brazil. The selection will be made by a selection committee, which is jointly appointed by Capes and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. In recent years, approximately 20% to 25% of applications were successful. The research fellows selected will be mentored by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation during their stay in Germany. The sponsorship provisions correspond to those of the Humboldt Research Fellowship Programme.
- Doctorate in Brazil or abroad with an official revalidation in Brazil.
- Postdoctoral researchers: Academic publications.
- Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s report.
- Language skills: German or /and English.
- Brazilian nationality or permanent residence visa in the country.
- Applicants must have lived outside Germany for a minimum of 12 months in total in the 18-month period prior to submission of the application.
- Applicants must reside in Brazil at the time of application.
- Identical applications have to be submitted to the Humboldt Foundation’s and Capes online systems in time.
For more information: http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/capes-humboldt-fellowship.html