Georg Forster Research Fellowship
Top opportunities for researchers from developing countries
- if you are a researcher with above average qualifications in a developing or transition country,
- if you intend to carry out long-term research of your own choice at a research institution in Germany together with an academic host you have chosen yourself,
- if your research outline includes aspects that are important for the continued development of your country or region of origin and
- if you want to contribute to the exchange of knowledge and methods between Germany and your country of origin.
- a monthly fellowship of €2,650 for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years) or €3,150 for experienced researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years),
- a flexible starting date and – for experienced researchers – the option of splitting the fellowship up into a maximum of three stays,
- individual mentoring during the sponsorship period,
- intensive German language course for fellows and their marital partners prior to the fellowship,
- additional financial support for accompanying family members and items like travel expenses and
- comprehensive alumni sponsorship once the research stay has come to an end, such as a Return Fellowship or further stays in Germany.
For more information: http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/georg-forster-fellowship.html